Self-Quarantining

Well we are on day 6 of 14 of our CDC recommended self-quarantining. So far it hasn't been too bad, since we live on 20 acres and have family down the road. We have practiced social distancing but were able to visit with family outside. Yesterday was hard though, I don't know if I was just in a weird head space from the stomach bug I had, or what but I was down.

As the rain poured down yesterday so did my attitude. I was super productive during my temporary depression, but it was not my best day. I couldn't shake my bad attitude and my urge to leave my house and this dirt road and go somewhere! Luckily, I have been able to see people here and there or I think I would totally be depressed.

This morning when my daughter woke up before the sun, I instantly felt defeated. Before the day had even begun I felt like I had lost. I decided to do my best to get out of this negative mood quickly. We came downstairs and as she ate her breakfast, I impulsively bought 6 months of Beach Body Fitness and completed the first day of their 21 day fix. I mean why not, right?

I thought to myself, I have been writing everyday for 21 days, surely I can do these 30 minute exercise to try and keep my mental and physical health intact. Then I realized, I DIDN'T WRITE YESTERDAY! It is what it is at this point, but I am very disappointed. I have enjoyed getting on here and writing everyday, even if it isn't much.I know in the grand scheme of life, especially the world right now, this is such a small thing. 

I decided today that I am going to use this platform for the next week to help clear my mind. This will be my escape for the rest of the month, and maybe until we are out of this and clear of COVID-19. The Beach Body program will be my physical outlet and I am going to start using this to be more purposeful with my writing to really lean on it as a mental outlet. 

Here is another cute picture of my girl because I can't get enough. This picture is important to me, especially now because it was taken last year at the CFISD Livestock Show. I am thankful that our kiddos were able to show their animals and earn their scholarships before the district closed. My heart goes out to the students who spent countless hours, sleepless nights and thousands of dollars on their show projects and never got a chance to show them. 

As I watch the news and my mind races to the never ending possibilities of what comes next for our world, it is situations like this that just break my heart. My brother is the first person in my family, literally the first on both sides, to have a traditional college path. He has worked his tail off since high school giving up every summer to intern internationally and he won't be able to walk across the stage at graduation. I hate that for him and everyone in his shoes, no matter the path, you earned that degree and deserve to be celebrated.

I am really hoping that things take a turn for the better soon and we can all get back to some sort of normalcy. I know I need it and I am sure I am not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog