I see the meme's floating around Facebook all the time about how hard it is to raise a child exactly like you. Let me tell you, it is frustrating and I can't help for feel bad for my mom! These past few days have been trying, as has every other day since I can remember, but Ginny seems to be on a new level.

She is testing everything I say, she is talking back, she is out of control. I know she is learning and trying to find her place in the world, so I try to pick my battles based on importance but man she is on fire. She has been waking up at the crack of dawn (which really sucks because I can't sleep), with a bad attitude. I know that everyone in my house is stressed and I am sure she can feel that, I can see she is cutting some teeth, but its hard to not lose my cool when she screams "STOP IT MOM" and throws her milk at me. 

The most frustrating part of it all is that she can speak so clearly and typically does a great job of communicating what she is asking for. So it drives me crazy when she just screams or throws a fit, because after she calms down she says something like "sorry mom, sing ABC's please." So I know she can do it! 

The reason I mentioned the meme's and that Ginny is just like me is because she is, she is literally exactly like me. I think half of what is going on with her is she is anxious, she likes her routine and she likes to know what's going on and right now our routine isn't what she is used to. I know it'll just take a few more days to get her used to our new normal, but it is driving me insane right now.

Anyways, this was basically just a super long rant so a mom could blow off some steam. I love her more than anything, and I am so thankful for all these extra moments with her. I am just learning how to adapt to all of the new things and unknowns. We got this though... right?

Comments

  1. Yes you have this. You are right it will settle down once she and you sort out the new normal. I know that little ones also get grouchy when they are making a growth spurt. My grandson was grumpy and out of sorts the last few days and then suddenly he had figured out how to begin crawling. He is much happier now. Growth is hard on all of us. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog