Kayaking

We celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary today by embarking on a 3 hour kayaking adventure this morning. Accompanied by my brother and his long time girl friend, we headed to Los Arcos in PV. 

About 35 seconds after leaving the comforts of the resorts ropes we were greeted by a giant manta ray. Once the fear left my bones, the amazement sat in. Straight beneath us was this giant, beautiful sea creature just swimming and enjoying its day. 

About halfway to Los Arcos (45 minutes in to the trip), my arms were already started shaking, but we kept going. We snorkeled and watched the pelicans circling the rocks. It was truly a once in a life time experience. Once back inside the kayaks we ventured through Los Arcos. What an experience, growing up we often went white water rafting and it was very similar. The water and current rushed around us and pushed us through these enormous rock formations. 

Seriously, what an experience. The journey back took an hour, we burnt over 1,000 calories, and I gave up 10 times. I am so glad that we did it, and so glad we were able to share the experience with my brother and Madeleine. 

The best part of the entire trip was coming back to my little mermaid waiting for us at the beach! Tonight we are taking a sunset cruise with our family and I can’t wait! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog