I miss my tribe.

Everyone has heard it, it takes a village to raise a child. Well, not only am I blessed by my family who supports me in every way they can, I have a great group of friends.

2 of my very best friends had babies within 7 weeks of Ginny, she is the youngest. Allie and Kelsee both have 5 year old children as well, but unexpectedly we all got pregnant in 2017. That was honestly one of the best things that has ever happened to me. We went through our pregnancies together, we all started back to college together and when nobody was sleeping at 3 am we had each other to lean on. Obviously, I still talk to them everyday and we FaceTime, but I miss them. I saw them 2 times a week and now nothing. I hate it.
Then there is Annie. Annie's mom, Tandy and my mom were best friends. Tandy was in the room when I was born, and I was there when Annie was born. Annie moved to Lubbock to attend Texas Tech, and finally she is back home! We have been able to spend lots of time together over the last two years and she has been such a huge part of Ginny's life! With school this semester I haven't been able to see her as much because I am exhausted, it is after 9 pm when I get home on some days. Annie is a teacher so she works during the day and I am in class at night. I haven't been able to spend near as much time with her sweet daughter as I want! I thought maybe my new online schedule would allow us a chance to get together, I mean her daughter is about to be walking and I haven't seen her since mid February! Unfortunately, as this virus grows scarier and the stay at home orders become more strict I am realizing I don't know when I will get to see my people again and I hate it.

Even though I can still talk to these people everyday, and Annie is sending me videos of Finley's "first" there is something different about not being able to see them. Sometimes just their faces remind me I am not alone and we got this!

Comments

  1. You do have this! It is hard - I have a grown son who has returned for this time from NY but we can't see him. Between his quarantine time and now orders to shelter in place we can only FaceTime as well. So hard for all - it seems long time but there will be a time we look back and will be glad at least we could video chat - who would have ever thought that years ago. Stay safe. Love you pictures of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to not be able to touch them, I think. I have not seen my 17 month old granddaughter in two weeks. I miss her physical presence, though I delight in FaceTime with her. I know it could be worse. Yes, we are all missing our tribes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog