Cocomelon

Well, I gave in. Before Ginny was born there were so many things that I thought I would NEVER do as a parent. 

No way was I letting her run around barefoot in the Chick-Fil-A play place, not a chance she was going to sit in a shopping cart without a cover and under NO circumstances was she going to watch the iPad at a restaurant. 

Once she was actually here all of my ideas of what a good parent looked like flew out the window. A good parent is love. That’s it. 

She’s played at Chick-Fil-a more than once, I lost the shopping cart cover in like 2 weeks, and today I gave her the iPad. 

One of my professors ask “who is it for, the students or you?” I have pondered that as a parent. Am I giving her the iPad to make my life easier for a minute or hers? I finally decided it’s both, we are on vacation, she is in new territory away from all of her comforts. Watching Cocomelon on the iPad while we eat dinner, I mean in the grand scheme of life can it really be that damaging? 

In NO way am I shaming parents who give their kids iPads because I totally see the benefits and I give her one too. Kids today are growing up in a world full of technology so I think it’s important. I just simply never wanted her to be a zombie on an iPad when there’s a beautiful world to explore! 

I decided though that a little Cocomelon never hurt anyone!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rXgGNIO-fxliOlkhTyHQTlk2WEG0lrrM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog