What is a barn wife? I don't really know, I just made it up. Honestly though, we live in a barn.Almost 15 years ago my husband and I shared our first kiss right outside of this barn, back then there wasn't a house attached to it. Just a big metal building filled with his family's hand me down tools and memories. Today this is our home. 

My father-in-law built this home for himself, but lucky for us, he ended up getting remarried. So there it sat, this brand new empty barn house. With just 2 small rooms and a kitchen, we have made this our home. It has been the perfect house for us as newlyweds and as new parents. Although, we are starting to out grow it as our daughters items are taking over.

Sitting on the back side of 20 acres, right behind the catfish pond, is the home we have come to love. Living in my father-in-law's barn is not where I expected to be at 28 years old, but I didn't expect to be a senior in college either but here we are (and we love it all)! Speaking of college, that is actually why I sat down to write. As a teacher candidate, I have been challenged to participate in the Slice of Life challenge and write throughout the month of March.

Starring at my blank screen the only things I could think to write about were my daughter, my dog and my husband and somehow I ended up with this. Check back throughout March for a peek in to the life of A Barn Wife. Everything I love-is at the end of a dirt road.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog